I have WAY too many things to be thankful for. I’m too blessed. YOU’RE too blessed!! We don’t deserve any of these materialistic things when people all over the world live in dirt and walk, not drive, wherever they have to go, they’ve never even heard of a doctor and they sure don’t know their ABC’s. I feel so distant from them, I hardly have anything in common with someone like that. I feel too prideful or undeserving when I think of them. But we are alike in the fact that none of us deserve God’s love like He pours it out. From dirt huts in Africa to Mansions in California, He died for us all and we all have THAT in common to be extremely thankful for!!
I’ve compiled a list in time for Thanksgiving of a few things I’m thankful for. I’ll go ahead and say NOW that this is nowhere close to even a tidbit of the things I have to be thankful for… But here goes…
1. The cozy bed I’m laying in right now as I think of other 14 year olds that will probably sleep on the floor tonight, just like every night… I’ve never had to worry about where i was going to sleep.
2. The house I ate dinner in, not mine but Lisa Wiggins’ I’m thankful that I can talk to her about anything and how she adds just the right amount of humor to keep me from crying, but just the right amount of comfort as well, so I never feel like I can’t cry. I can’t help but think of all the lost girls out there who don’t know their true worth because they don’t have anyone to whisper it in their ear. I’m thankful that as long as Lisa’s around, i’ll always have someone to keep me on the right track.
3. I’m thankful for my church, and bible studies. I go to church twice a week and I have 2 additional bible studies a week. Do you know how illegal that is in some places?? ridiculous. I’m thankful that it is instilled in me to never bend a knee to anyone but my Jesus.
4. I’m thankful for huddles, something I can look forward to every week for the next 4 years of my life. I’m extremely thankful for my huddle leaders. Geez I love those guys! Geoff and Candy are amazing and offer so much, spiritually to the group. I know everyone will learn so much from them. I’m so thankful for Candy and how I can go anywhere with her and we see or talk about the coolest stuff. I love how God talks to her and how she’s teaching me how to talk to Him, too. There’s absolutely no way I would be doing what i’m doing today or writing this blog if it wasn’t for Candy and her attentive ears that are tuned to the Holy Spirit.
I’m thankful for Zach and Kara. I love what they bring to our huddle. I remember having a conversation with Lisa one time and her telling me that if I ever needed to just let something go or get something off my chest- kara would be a great person to talk to. I agree. Kara has such an un-phased attitude and a low-shock-factor it seems, which is a pure gift from God. There will be kids in our huddle that really need that, someone to talk to that isn’t going to blow things out of proportion, it’s important to have someone who will just pray instead of hyperventilate 😉 I’m sure it has something to do with having twin boys!! 🙂 But I love that Kara’s such a lighthouse in that way! Zach and Kara both! Love them to death!
And then there’s the Rileys!! Rachel and Chris…
They. Stinkin. Crack. Me. Up.
Their kids do too!!! Ohhhh, to be a Riley. They have the undeniable gift of JOY! They walk into the room, and it lights up! Rachel is known to make any situation joyful. I don’t want to say funny, even though sometimes it is down right funny! But “funny” can sometimes be inappropriate in particular situations. The Rileys just express joy that only comes from God, therefore it’s the kind of joy that is always needed, in every situation!! Ohhh love them!
And the Stansells!! They are both so sweet! Jerry is downright hilarious and always thinking on his feet, and Robin is so sweet. She’s so smart and I adore her gentle spirit. The Stansell’s attitudes are contagious! Everyone loves them!
that pretty much ties up huddles, I’m so thankful I get to be with these 8 people I love more than they’ll ever know for the next 4 years of my life!
5. I’m so thankful for my family and the close relationships I have with them. Aunts, uncles, cousins, you name it- I love them to death!! I just have one of those families where we’re so close nothing big could ever come between us. I am SOOOO thankful for the family God put me in.
6. I’m thankful for soaking and how much peace that it has brought to my life. I go to soaking with Candy every week, but I first started going with Jordan. Ohhh Jordan. I’m not kidding when I say she’s my best friend. I can tell her anything I want about anything in the world and she’s up for a conversation about it. I’ve talked to her countless times (some into the middle of the night) about anything on my heart. She always knows exactly what to say. And sometimes she doesn’t have the answer and she’s smart ebough to remind me to just rely on God. Jordan already has so much figured out, and such a deep relationship with the Holy Spirit. I don’t know anyone else like her. I hope I’m just like that by the time I’m her age! I cannot wait to see where God takes her. She has quite a ride awaiting her!!
7. I’m thankful for school. I know, I know… I’m not saying that I like school!! But I am thankful that I’ll have an education and be able to go to college. I’m thankful that going to college has always just been a “given” and I’ve never in my life had to worry about money. I know that I’m blessed and that school in general is such a hard thing for some people and would be considered an extreme priviledge to some kids. Last 6 weeks I beat myself up because I thought I might make my very first “B”… I was mortified. (I ended up making a 95) <——- see how selfish I am! There I was, worried about making an 89 when the kid next to me was hoping to make a 70 and finally pass for once. Or the kid around the world was counting his coins thinking it may be the year he had enough to get into a school. So yes, I'm thankful for school and that never in my life have I had a good reason to worry about ANYTHING!
Okay, 7 is a good, Holy, number to stop on. I could make 700000000 more, but I'll save you the reading. 🙂
I'm thankful for YOU!! thanks for taking the time out of your day to read this silly little blog. I'm serious. Thanks.
Have a SUPER DUPER Turkey Day!! And remember to count your MANY blessings.