“Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!”
Ohh Jordan…. Happy Birthday!! Sorry but this has to come a couple days early because I’ll be at Fortress on your real birthday… Soooo happy EARLY birthday. I’m afraid by the end of this blog post you won’t even have an inkling of how much I love you…. But I’ll try (;
You are amazing, Jordan. You have the heart and wisdom of someone so much older than you. I look up to you so so so so much. I love that we can talk about anything and everything and age is only a number. Ok here’s 18 things about you and our friendship in general…
1. You are the most gorgeous person I know. And you have a gorgeous heart to match it.
2. I love the way we met and the randomness of it all.
3. I love that it’s hard for us to go a week without seeing each other and I talk to you almost daily.
4. I love how much our friendship has taken flight in every way. It’s grown so much to where we can talk about anything.
5. You are always the first person I tell when something is going on… Good or bad…
6. I have no idea why you like hanging out with me. And I find it funny that you can actually have such an amazing relationship with someone 4 years younger than you.
7. I love that we are gonna be related someday when you and my cousin get married. (…Sorry I had to throw that one in there.)
8. You know things about me that most of the people I have known my whole life don’t know about me.
9. I love our deep conversations that we have by texts.
10. I love getting new music from you and finding new music with you.
11. My two favorite memories involve you.
12. I love all the advice you give me. Half the time you don’t even say it, I just learn so much about the person I want to be from watching you.
13. I’ll never forget the day we experienced Kari Jobe, WICKED, (and the Quiles) 😉 ALL in ONE day!!!
14. I love going to soaking with you… Too bad we haven’t been together in 236 years…
15. I’m so so so so glad that you’re staying in abilene for college.
16. I LOVE praying with you.
17. When I’m with you I feel like i’m in the prescence of God. I know that sounds like I’m just saying that to be nice… But i’m not!!!! I promise!!! It’s very very very true!!
AND 18. You are truly my best friend and I would trust you with my whole life. I love you to pieces, Jordan!!!
“And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul. And Saul took him that day, and would let him go no more home to his father’s house. Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul.”
1 Samuel 18:1-3
Read that last sentence again. I love it! It gets me every time. “his own soul”. Wow.
My mom and Lenda always said they were Jonathan and David. They had the kind of friendship that those two had. A true covenant where they would do anything for each other and loved each other with their whole heart.
I believe we can have that too. I know I love you as if you were my “own soul” I love you more than I love myself. “Because I knew you I have been changed for good” (; My hope and prayer is that we always stay as close as we are now. Maybe not in tangible distance, but I hope as you go out into the world and experience everything God has prepared for you; that you don’t forget your little friend who thinks the world of you. I love you Jordan. Happy Birthday.